Producing of high quality sandwich panels with aluminum honeycomb core
The outer sides of the sandwich panel consists of two sheets, between which is glued aluminum honeycomb core, which is the standard unit composed of hexagons, which is based on the principle of nature – from the bee honeycomb (honeycomb).
Properties of sandwich panels (FM honeycomb panels):
- high transverse strength and stiffness
- low weight
- excellent balance of strength and stiffness to weight
- simple handling
- long life
- virtually unlimited possibilities finishes
- high corrosion and mold resistance
- flame resistance
- wide range of heat resistance: from -50 ° C to + 175 ° C
- preparation for installation at the factory
- environmental friendliness
- always innovative thanks to the research and cooperation with Tomas Bata University in Zlin, Czech Republic
Due to the production process it is possible to stick the edges, use perforated honeycombs for exhaust air, use metal or other inserts (for holes, threads), and it is possible to stick on a further layer such as marble, stone, wood or other materials.
The table shows how the rigidity and bending strength of sandwich panels change. We can get 37x increase of stiffness and roughly 9x increase of bending strength at approximately the same weight as a homogeneous material. If, therefore we require higher strength and stiffness at significantly lower weight sandwich panels are the obvious choice.
The panels and honeycomb core are manufactured in various sizes, bulk density, cell sizes and thicknesses and meet the most stringent criteria in terms of environmental friendliness.